<$BlogRSDURL$>

I Don't Speak Latin

Friday, July 28, 2006

Books (2)

July:
The Pursuit of Alice Thrift by Elinor Lipman:
Really REALLY mindless. I hated the main character (aka title girl Alice Thrift); she was socially inept (not in a funny way) and incredibly stupid. Not a fan of this book.

Behaving Badly by Isabel Wolff (I know, i know, lots of chicky books this month, chalk it up to what my mother has been bringing home from the bookstore ;))
Also moronic. Implausible, but not in the James Bond-esque way... more like in the my-head-might-explode-from-the-sheer-stupidity-of-this-book kind of way.

The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weidberger
Very witty and smart. I enjoyed it thoroughly. For those of you tha have seen the movie, the book is completely different. The common thread? Miranda Priestly. Fantastic book!

A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews
Winner of the Governor General's, and turning out to be a really beautiful book. In progress.